''bout me.

My photo
19 year old student at the art acedemy SintLucas get inspired to inspire!♥

19.6.11

Simply Impressive with Jen stark.

hello everybody!

todays post is all about a fabulous ispiring artist named jen stark.
i was looking for paper sculptures when i ran into her website the first thing that occured to me was, who is this women and i definitly need to interview her !
so i did :) , i really don't have much to say about her because you will get to know her in the intverview below !

make sure you also check her Website  out !

S.o :Thank you very much for letting me interview you Jen !

But tell us a bit about yourself ,

Jen : I was born in Miami, FL in 1983, and went to college at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA). I love geometric shapes, designs in nature, and color. I also love plants and cooking!




S.o: how does a normal day look like for you?

Jen : I usually wake up, have breakfast, check emails, then start working in my studio. I have a big table, and a large amount of colored paper and xacto knives to keep me busy. I sit down and either sketch, draw or cut the sculptures.


S.o: what does art mean to you ?

Jen : For me, art means something that provokes thought or questions. Something that inspires people.



S.o: how would you define yourself as an artist?

Jen : I’m a young contemporary artist interested in psychedelic designs, optical illusions, colored paper, fractals, and mystery!



S.o: Which person influenced you the most during your creative study?

Jen : Probably my Grandpa. He was an artist (as a hobby) and when I was very young, he would invite me over to paint watercolor scenes with him. He’s the one that helped spark my interest in artwork, and my parents helped nurture my passion for it by getting me into art classes.




S.o: How would you describe your feelings when you started creating this kind of art?

Jen : I felt amazing! It feels to great to discover a new way to create art and your own style. My fingers do get tired once in a while if I work too hard, though : )



S.o: are there any things you would really want to do a part from what your doing now?

Jen: Probably work on more animations and create larger, more interactive works.



S.o: Have you experimented with other mediums?

Jen : Yes! I was in art classes almost my whole life, so I’ve experimented with many things from fabrics, to welding metal, to painting, printmaking...I feel like I did it all! My real love right now is in making sculptures with paper, drawing, and making animations.


S.o: As an young artist what can we expect from you in the future ?

Jen : You can expect me to keep creating amazing colorful work! I always try to out-do myself with every new work I make. I always want it to be fresh and better than the last one. I hope to get into more museum shows as well.


S.o: Are there any (upcoming) expositions with your art in Europe?

Jen : Not in the coming year, though I hope so soon!



S.o: Is there any possibility to buy you art?

Jen : Yes! I have a couple gallerists I work with (which you can email me about) and a place on my website where you can buy prints and tshirts http://shop.jenstark.com/



S.o: Last but not least, do you have any advice for these upcoming young artists?

Jen : Just find what you love to do, and practice it until you perfect it! This goes with anything in life.



Thankyou very much for this interview !



all images belong to ©jenstark













No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment !